Poster Design by Katherine Marsh

The Southwestern Review Blog is a unified voice of the Univerisity of Louisiana of Lafayette community of creative artists. Are you a part of the UL community?
E-mail us your work! southwesternreview@gmail.com

Monday, February 13, 2012

Life of a Writer


Watch me,
as my emotions bleed onto my only friend.
With no reply,, just listen
As pens spill pain,
papers cringe with careless pressure.
You can’t see it seeping out my eyes
so I must make this cry,
a tear for every word
as I bury my soul between every line.
My heart sobs,, capturing the moment
Making each crack clear,
splashing the image on canvas,
hiding behind dashes &&' smudge.
In this notebook,, yarn unfolds
All waves expose,
whispering secrets
uncondemning any
No reply,, just listen
Hear the hurt burn in the words
the stabbing of the ink
slits
as it
fades
forever
in death.
Can't you hear the silence cry
for every tattered binding?
Never darned.
&&' when I’m done
allay it with kisses

By: Paris Shampagne

1 comment: