Poster Design by Katherine Marsh

The Southwestern Review Blog is a unified voice of the Univerisity of Louisiana of Lafayette community of creative artists. Are you a part of the UL community?
E-mail us your work! southwesternreview@gmail.com

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Katherine Watson's Shout out to Mystery


Shout Out to Mystery

Here's to the mystery man sitting in the corner
I saw him looking blindly
Not knowing I was staring from the opposite direction

He couldn't notice me
I was bound by the bar stool under the bleak light
No attention was on me except for the swirling smoke

Here's to the booth and the barstool

Here's to the mystery of our relationship
Starting off as oglers
then to friends
then to committed contestants in the game of barflying

Here's to the booth and the barstool

Here's to the mystery of The Bulldog
How I found my husband there
Well, that's a miracle

Here's to the mystery of love and commitment

Here's to the booth and the bar stool
Where roaming eyes became a mysterious matrimony and a solved case of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment