Poster Design by Katherine Marsh

The Southwestern Review Blog is a unified voice of the Univerisity of Louisiana of Lafayette community of creative artists. Are you a part of the UL community?
E-mail us your work! southwesternreview@gmail.com

Thursday, March 29, 2012

"24 Years" By Albert Falgout III




Would you give your soul
For all the knowledge in the world
And in twenty four years, you'd be dragged down
With the killers and the thieves
 -Mephistopheles
Give me the power that i need
Daedalus
Bring me the feathers and the wax
Because the sun can't burn brighter than hell does-
Theology means nothing to me
I’ll try my mind to become a deity
And I know my arrogance will
Consume my pride
But we all die everlasting deaths
For pleasant fruits and princely delicates

Bio By Albert: My name's Albert Falgout III, I'm twenty years old and currently attending the University of Louisiana at Lafayette.I'm a Sophomore, but next semester I'll be a Junior. I'm an English major, studying with the aspiration to become a professor (literary studies specialization). I am a member of the honors frat Sigma Alpha Lambda. I'm a thespian, and through high school performed in many plays, my biggest role being Atticus Finch. This ties into the fact that I would like to teach speech as well, as I learned that proper articulation is crucial in more places than just the stage. I do a lot of writing for my classes and for myself, but I have been interested in getting work published for awhile now. I just haven't found the medium for it yet. My English professor suggested that I submit my poem to the SWR Blog , and I thought that would be a good idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment