Poster Design by Katherine Marsh

The Southwestern Review Blog is a unified voice of the Univerisity of Louisiana of Lafayette community of creative artists. Are you a part of the UL community?
E-mail us your work! southwesternreview@gmail.com

Monday, March 26, 2012

Complimentary Crackers by Katherine Watso


Folded arms...

Grimace...

Black Apron...

Aroma of grease...
One-sided forced self-introduction
Servant labor

Unbelievable requests
Who needs half a napkin
or six lemon wedges?
Baby diapers on the table
Gees...
Five to six hour multi-tasks

Children's cries

Outdated jukebox songs,

Hey You!

Cat calls

Crumbs of the night in my hair

On my shirt

On my hands

Everywhere...
A year and a half of this has taken its toll
I have eaten all the complimentary crackers

Finished my main meal

And am ready for dessert
Check Please...

No comments:

Post a Comment